Arrangements for 2022 Annual General Meeting ("AGM")
14 January 2022
Carr's (CARR.L), the Agriculture and Engineering Group, announces an update in relation to its AGM being held at 11.30 am on Tuesday 18 January 2022, at The Fleece at Ruleholme, Irthington, Carlisle CA6 4NF.
Since the Notice of AGM was issued, the Board has been closely monitoring the spread of the Omicron variant of COVID-19 with a view to protecting the health and safety of its shareholders, employees and other potential attendees of our AGM.
The AGM will still be held in accordance with the Notice of AGM. Shareholders are however encouraged to consider appointing the Chair as their proxy instead of attending the AGM in person. Instructions for submitting proxy votes are contained in the Notice of AGM.
Any person attending the AGM in person is requested to note the following health and safety measures which will be in effect:
- Prior to admission to the AGM, all attendees will be required to declare that a negative lateral flow test has been taken within 24 hours of arrival, and that they are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Access to the AGM will be permitted from no earlier than 11.00 am. The venue will be well ventilated and external doors will remain open during the meeting to ensure maximum ventilation.
- Unless exempt, all attendees will be required to wear a face mask covering the nose and mouth at all times during the meeting save where presenting or asking questions.
- All attendees are requested to follow signage and layout protocols at the venue, designed for social distancing purposes.
- Following the meeting, there will be an opportunity to ask questions of Directors in a socially distanced manner.
Carr's Group plc
Tel: +44 (0) 1228 554 600
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7250 1446
About Carr's Group plc:
Carr's is an international leader in manufacturing value added products and solutions, with market leading brands and robust market positions in Agriculture and Engineering, supplying customers in over 50 countries around the world. Carr's operates a decentralised business model that empowers operating subsidiaries enabling them to be competitive, agile, and effective in their individual markets whilst setting overall standards and goals.
Its Speciality Agriculture division manufactures and supplies feed blocks, minerals and boluses containing trace elements and minerals for livestock.
Its Agricultural Supplies division manufactures compound animal feed, distributes farm machinery and fuels, and runs a UK network of rural stores, providing a one-stop shop for the farming community.
Its Engineering division designs and manufactures pressure vessels, manufactures precision components from specialist steel alloys, manufactures robotic manipulators, and provides engineering design, assembly, and installation services for the nuclear, defence and oil & gas industries.